Leda Serene Films, Producers of the award-winning feature film ‘A
Winter Tale”, is beginning work on a new dramatic project that will
explore the inner lives and experiences of young people in Toronto’s
Director Frances-Anne Solomon and her team are seeking 10 young actors
to participate in this exciting new collaborative project. The group
will work together over the next six months to develop a script through
community research, discussion, improvisation and personal
storytelling. The final product will be mounted as a theatre play in
the Winter of 2008/2009.
We are seeking the following 10 talented young performers from Toronto’s multicultural realities, as follows:
5 females and 5 males between the ages of 12-19 years old.
Must have a keen interest in the performing arts, and some experience
acting/performing, as well as a desire to pursue a career in the field.
Improvisational, and research skills a strong asset.
Must be open, generous, and willing to participate fully in a collaborative creative process.
Must be reliable, punctual and possess a strong work ethic.
1. Please carefully review the websites http://awintertale.ca and
http://ledaserene.ca for information about the feature film A Winter
Tale, and Leda Serene Films’/Frances-Anne Solomon’s previous work.
2. Send your photo and resume as well as a covering letter stating why
you are interested in participating in this project, and how you feel
that you can contribute to it.
3. If you are selected for an audition, you will be required :
- to present a 3-minute first person story about a) your best day at school and b) your worst day at school.
- to deliver a 3-minute contemporary monologue of your choice; it can be either comedic or dramatic.
- to participate in a group improvisation with other young people.
4. Please forward headshots and resume along with covering letter by
email to the attention of: Babs Jona, Casting director,
Deadline for submissions: Sunday April 6th , 2008 by 5pm
Audition Dates: Sunday April 13th , 2008 10-5pm
Location: Toronto, ON
*No phone calls please